it is common knowledge that buttons make damn good closures.. but to use for salt and pepper shakers???
..i think yes!
this how-to is super simple, super cheap, and super seasoned.
level of difficulty: easy peasy.
♥ baby food jars (or any other little pair of containers)
♥ aleene's tacky glue
♥ two large buttons and various tiny buttons
♥ scrapbook paper
♥ double-sided tape
♥ salt & pepper
1. drive a nail through the center of the top.
2. widen the hole you made so that its roughly ¾ inch wide.
3. place a circle of tacky glue around the perimeter of the large buttons, so that it adheres to the jar top. let dry.
4. cut little strips from the scrapbook paper and label the seasonings appropriately.
5. adhere the labels to the outside of the jar using double-sided tape.
6. glue the tiny buttons around the top for decorative effect. let dry.
..adorable little salt and pepper shakers, perfect for a spring picnic..