sometimes our wrists need a little lovin'.
especially, if you're like me and spend most of your day on the computer.
and so...this how-to was born.
a cushy little sleeve pillow for your wrists to rest.
i have an obsession with plaid shirts.
cutting them up..sewing with them..crocheting with them..and so on.
because i have lots of shirt remnants lying around, i decided to utilize a sleeve for this tutorial.
what you'll need:
an old plaid shirt sleeve
uncooked rice (or flaxseeds work even better)
essential oil (i used peppermint)
1. flip your sleeve inside out. measure your keyboard and cut sleeve length accordingly. mine is roughly 12 inches long.
2. pin your sleeve to create a pattern for sewing and cutting.
3. using your sewing machine, sew along both ends of your wrist pillow and alongside your pins. cut off excess fabric. this is what it will look like.
4. using the opening at the cuff, flip your sleeve right-side out.
5. now, take the uncooked rice and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. through the opening of the cuff, fill the sleeve with your rice mixture to the thickness of your liking.
6. using your needle and thread, hand sew the cuff opening close.
badaBING! a cushion for your restless wrists.
...here are some more plaid shirt crafts i've created...
plaid brooches (soon available in my etsy shop)
plaid hairpin lace scarf (available here)
my next project is a quilt made completely from plaid shirts.
pictures to come soon.
happy sewing, kg.