after being inspired by these yummy looking pie pops, i decided to give it a try.
i first attempted to use the lollipop sticks. but they fell out after baking.
so i decided to nix the sticks and just make bite sized pies.
flavor: cinnamon strawberry (!)
store bought pie crust
fresh strawberry preserves
1. unroll the pie crust and cut into circles (i used the rim of a glass to form a perfect circle).
2. place a dollop of strawberry preserves in the center of a circle and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
3. take another crust circle and place on top. using a fork, press the crust circles together...this also forms that pretty design around the edge.
4. brush the egg whites on top and bottom of the mini pies (this gives you that golden color).
5. bake at 375 until golden brown.
6. let cool and enjoy.